This week saw the end of a wonderful year working in partnership with The Nottingham Panthers, which was marked by the presentation of a framed piece of artwork created by a student at our Sutherland House School based in Nottingham, only a stones throw from the arena the Panthers play in.
Upon accepting the artwork General Manager of The Nottingham Panthers, Gary Moran said:
“We like to pick a chosen charity each season that has particular meaning to either the club, a fan or someone in the organisation and once chosen we just like to get on and do our best to raise as much money as possible.
In the season that has just finished we chose Autism East Midlands because we recognise the fantastic work that goes on by the charity and the people that get access to the funds through the charity. We had a calendar, a festive shirt worn by the players and auctioned off to the fans, and some other fundraising along the way and happily smashed our targets.
It was our privilege to raise the funds and raise awareness through our nation of fans. We wish you well in the future, as we move on to another project next season, but we’re hoping to keep in touch with Autism East Midlands too.”
Autism East Midlands is extremely grateful for the wonderful support given from all at Panthers, their staff, players and fans have been fantastic in raising invaluable funds but also an incredible amount of awareness of autism around Nottingham. You have generated so much conversation about autism across the city this year and we are extremely grateful for everyone linked to Panthers for generating that.
Here is our year with The Nottingham Panthers in numbers:
- £11,700 raised through The Nottingham Panthers charitable activities
- 3000 teddy bears wear donated via the clubs annual Teddy Bear Toss
- An abundance of calendars, festive shirts and signed memorabilia were sold to raise funds
- The Nottingham Panthers donated prizes to our 50th Anniversary Ball in October 2018
- They took part in our annual #SillySockDay
- They have provided tickets to service users and have provided us with the use of a box
- Bucket collections at the arena have raised £600
- Panthers travel raised £750 in addition to the £11,700
What an amazing year, we are extremely grateful to The Nottingham Panthers and their fans who have been absolutely fantastic. Below are some photos taken from across the years activity, we hope you enjoy viewing them.