Sherwood Centre, Mansfield Woodhouse
The centre offers a wide range of structured activities from woodwork and gardening to baking, day trips and walking groups.
Explore Sherwood Centre
Our centre operates daily and offers a wide range of structured activities.
Some activities are focused on building practical skills for the workplace and independence. It’s why we’re located on an industrial park.
We have a spacious woodwork room and we also have our own gardens and greenhouse where we grow fruit and vegetables and we have a large kitchen area to enable people to have a go at baking and cooking.
There is also a sensory element to
the hub offering lots of activities through music and sensory
Our employment team also supports our day service users to reach their employment goals and provide support by creating CVs, cover letters and by finding work placed experience with employers.
- Works skills - ICT/computer skills, support with literacy and numeracy, promoting teamwork and team skills
- Building confidence
Support into paid employment
Voluntary positions in the community
- Creative - furniture restoration and upcycling, pottery, leather work, woodwork, arts and crafts, music sessions, gardening
- Relaxation – music, sensory room
- Life skills - promoting independence
- Independent living skills – cookery and baking
- Support into making informed choices
- Health and wellbeing – swimming, gym sessions, walking groups, trampolining
- Community-based activity
- Work experience opportunities
- Farm visits
- Museum visits
We can be found at: The Sherwood Centre, Hallam Way, Old Mill Industrial Estate, Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, NG19 9BG
For more information, tel: 01623 541403, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other day services
The Dukeries is an autism specific day service that offers range of structured activities based on individual requirements.
Hamilton Autism Services has a homely atmosphere with plenty of space for art, IT and sensory activities.