Our employment coaches can help job seekers make informed decisions about future employment. They’ll also work with individuals on ways to develop vocational activities to help them shape their future opportunities.
Our support can help people:
- Access relevant training
- Develop skills that make people ready for work
- Support with job searches
- Get work experience / placements
- Learn about job related issues
- Awareness of employment rights
- One to one support whilst at placement or in the workplace
- Build confidence
- Identify reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
- Be aware of additional services that can support wellbeing
For further information about these services, please contact us on 01909 506 678 or email the Employment Services team.
In conjunction with the Learning and Development team here at AEM, we are also able to offer support to employers. Together we work closely with employers and enable them to understand how to make reasonable adjustments to their recruitment process and the workplace. The Learning and Development team can offer:
- environmental audits to help make the workplace autism friendly
- autism awareness training for the workforce and other bespoke training
- support with reasonable adjustments and support to ensure adhering to the Equality Act of 2010.
When I began working with my work coach at AEM, I quickly made progress and received help around the difficulties unique to my autism. My coach was encouraging and made the process more hopeful then previous job seeking efforts had ever been. An administration position at AEM became available and my coach encouraged me to apply. Happily I was successful in my application for the role.
Since starting with AEM as an admin officer, I’ve found myself integrating very quickly into the company. I’m finding myself more outwardly confident in speaking with colleagues and members of the public. It has been a great benefit to me as a person to have found a place here in AEM as I have done.
Aaron Fairburn, Admin Officer at Autism East Midlands