We regularly host workshops for families and carers as part of our extensive Family Support Service and Parent Programme.
Autism East Midlands has developed a range of training courses and workshops for the parents, carers, siblings and the extended families of individuals with autism of all ages. These range from short 2 hour workshops to 8 week courses and are designed to help you support and better understand your loved one.
Parent Workshops coming up include:
- 15 August - Autism and Schools
- 19 September - Autism and Claiming Disability Living Allowance
- 17 October - Introduction to Autism
- 21 November - Autism and Girls
- 19 December - Promoting Positive Behaviour
- 16 January - Autism and Sensory Differences
- 20 February - Autism and Schools
- 19 March - Autism and Claiming Disability Living Allowance
Location: The parent workshops are delivered online over Zoom
Cost: Free to attend
Suitability: Parents/carers of children under 18
To join: If you would like to join a workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the event.
Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with Zoom or are uncomfortable with appearing on screen. We can arrange a practice Zoom beforehand. If you feel that would help – just ask! During the actual workshop there is no pressure to have video or audio on. You can just watch the presentation.