An opportunity has arisen for a full time Health and Safety Officer within Autism East Midlands. This role is essential to ensure that we meet all the statutory obligations in respect of Health and Safety, and provides a safe working environment for staff, students, service user and visitors across all of our services.
Autism East Midlands is a regional autism charity providing services across the East Midlands at multiple sites. Our services have a range of different environments and ensuring we meet the Health & Safety needs across this broad spectrum needs a professional who likes every day to be different.
The successful candidate will have a NEBOSH accreditation or equivalent qualification. You will be a member of a relevant professional body and have evidence of undertaking training in Health & Safety and a professional commitment to ensuring continuous updating of knowledge.
You will provide technical advice on all safety matters and assist in the formulation of Health and Safety strategy with associated policies, procedures and statements of intent.
A full driving licence and full comprehensive business insurance cover is essential for this role.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days)
- Extensive induction with autism specialist training
- Fully paid for Care Certificate, which is essential for those wanting to pursue a career in health and social care
- Paid job related qualifications during employment
- Generous occupational sick pay
- Free initial DBS Check
- Employer pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Flexible working
- Excellent career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to counselling
- Access to legal and financial support
- Paid maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer; please note we welcome applications from anyone interested in this or any of our other positions which can be found on our website.
Please note successful applicants will be subject to An Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check – cost will be met by Autism East Midlands.
Interviews will be held on the 17th August 2022