Autism training for practitioners
Autism training for practitioners is for anyone who would like an in-depth knowledge of the autism spectrum. This course gives an extensive overview of autism, tackling complex issues such as the diagnostic process and key legislation from the Autism Act.
During this one day-course participants will learn:
- The concept and diversity of the autism spectrum.
- The history of autism, including prevalence and assumptions.
- Key legislation, including the Autism Act.
- The diagnostic process, focusing on updates to diagnosis and the Dyad of Impairment.
- The core areas of difference around communication, social understanding, processing information and sensory issues and strategies to support.
- The theories of the autistic mind; including the concepts of theory of mind, executive function and intensity of focus.
£500 + VAT for an external course (up to 20 delegates) at a venue most convenient for you
Zoom or Teams sessions are available. Please get in touch to find out more about costs.