The Two Point Six Challenge
Could you take part in the 2.6 Challenge?
The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused a detrimental effect on the fundraising income that Autism East Midlands are able to raise, along with event cancellations and restrictions on awareness raising in the community. We are calling on you to join #TeamAEM and take part in the 2.6 Challenge from your own home!
How can I support Autism East Midlands?
1. Get inventive and create your individual 2.6 Challenge.
2. Set up your JustGiving Page for Autism East Midlands, or you could donate £26 or any other amount you choose!
3. Promote and get your friends and family to sponsor you!
4. Complete your 2.6 Challenge from the 26th of April (providing all activities are done safely and abide with Government guidelines).
5. Share photos and videos on social media and use the hashtags #TwoPointSixChallenege and #TeamAEM.
What can I do?
Let your imagination run wild and exercise your creativity, all you need to do is come up with an activity that has relevance to either 2.6, 26 or 260 numbers.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- 26 skips a day.
- 26 minute dance-a-thon.
- Pledging to run or ride 2.6 miles.
- 26 keepie-uppies in a row.
- 26 sets of press-ups per day.
For more ideas, The 2.6 Challenge have provided some inspiration here.
The 26th of April (the original date of the London Marathon).
We need you!
As well as leaving a lot of runners disappointed, the postponement of the London Marathon and other challenge events has left Autism East Midlands, in common with many other charities, in the position of losing a significant percentage of our annual fundraising income. Along with the postponement of these events, Autism East Midlands have also been denied the platform to raise invaluable awareness of Autism during Autism Awareness Week, as well as impacting fundraising campaigns such as the cancellation of our annual event Silly Sock Day.
This drop in our fundraising income creates challenges for the continuing delivery of key services such as our Family Support Hubs and employment services – as many of these vital services rely on philanthropic funding.
We need your help so we can continue to deliver the vital work and support for those whose lives have been affected by Autism.
For any queries regarding the 2.6 Challenge please get in touch with our fundraising team at email@example.com
Become a #HomeHero today. Good luck!