Do you want to make a real difference to the education and lives of young autistic people? Come and work with us as a teaching assistant at our specialist school in Nottingham City Centre.
These are term-time only positions working 37 hours a week. We offer comprehensive training, fully paid induction and on-going Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
Your role will be to support our teachers in providing and developing a high-quality education to address the individual needs of pupils. Good autism practice is essential to this role, along with a person-centred approach to learning. You will have the ability to be flexible and dynamic in your approaches. It is vital that you can maintain an environment where our pupils feel happy, safe and valued.
- £500 bonus once you have passed probation (terms apply)
- Additional day’s leave for Teaching Assistants’ birthdays
- Work term time only
- Extensive induction with autism specialist training
- Paid job related qualifications during employment
- Generous occupational sick pay
- Free initial DBS Check
- Employer pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Flexible working
- Excellent career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to counselling, legal & financial support
- Paid maternity/ paternity/adoption leave
To apply in the first instance please send us your CV and cover letter detailing why you want to work with us and what skills you can bring to the job to email@example.com.
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from anyone interested in working with people with autism. We are also a Disability Confident Employer. If you meet the person specification criteria and are eligible for the Disability Confident scheme we will guarantee you an interview – just let us know in your covering letter or in your email when you send us your application form.
Registered Charity Number 517954