Position: Flexible Day Support Workers
Salary: £16,354 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Autism East Midlands are looking for Support Workers for both our Residential and Day services across Nottingham.
A little about us…
As a leading autism charity we exist to ensure autistic people can live their lives with dignity, choice and independence.
A world which recognises, understands and values autistic people, and where they and their families receive the services and support they need throughout their lives.
To advocate, provide and develop high-quality services, information, and support, in partnership with others, for all those whose lives are affected by autism.
To recognise and respond to the needs of the individual, enabling autistic people to live their lives with dignity, choice and independence.
Our highly skilled and passionate staff offer a wide range of services to help individuals to live their lives the way they want.
For more information on the service we provide at Autism East Midlands please take a look at our website https://www.autismeastmidlands.org.uk/
As a support worker your day will look like:
- You will be assigned a key Adult and play a pivotal role in their days they receive support, attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
- Support young people with social and community inclusion
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and Positive behaviour of Autistic Adults Ensuring that their needs beliefs and cultural values are met
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of Positive Behavioural Support Plans, Risk Assessments and Session Plans.
- Supporting a person with personal care and other complex health needs, ensuring that persons dignity and independence is promoted
- Support and encourage educational engagement
Benefits of working for AEM
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Fully paid two week induction training
- Specialised Autism Training, Including Autism in Mental Health, Women and Girls and Ageing
How to apply:
If this sounds like something that suits your skills we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV/ Application form to email@example.com
If you would like more info:
If you want to know more about the role, Autism East Midlands or how to apply please send us your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 3rd December 2019
Please note successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check at a cost to the individual.
Registered Charity Number 517954.