A vacancy has arisen for a Student Mentor in our specialist services. Our Student Mentors offer one to one support and specialist mentoring to university students with an autistic spectrum condition and that have Study Skills support recommended in their Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) package.
Are you a graduate or doing a post- graduate course? Do you have skills in mentoring? Do you want to make a difference?
This is a zero contract with an hourly pay rate of £13.05 per hour.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and enthusiastic Student Mentor’s to join our specialist team. This role is ideal for candidates looking for a role they can work around their post- graduate studies or other commitments.
You must be able to work independently and be self- motivated to work in our team. Please read the qualification requirements and job description carefully before applying for this role.
Key areas of the role:
- Holding one to one support sessions and specialist mentoring sessions with adults with autism who are studying at university.
- Completing Individual Learning Plans with students and delivering support against objectives.
- Keeping robust records of one to one session.
- Travelling to various universities (driving license and access to a vehicle is not essential) in a defined geographic area.
- Work with the DSA Manager to identify opportunities for growth with existing and new universities
Please note that due to the Coronavirus Pandemic all one to one sessions with students are currently being held virtually. Due to this, the role of Student Mentor is temporarily a home-based post. We understand that some people’s living arrangements do not support home-based working. If this is the case, then please mention this in your interview. IT equipment will be provided.
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from anyone interested in working with people with autism. We are also a Disability Confident Employer. If you meet the person specification criteria and are eligible for the Disability Confident scheme we will guarantee you an interview – just let us know in your covering letter or in your email when you send us your application form.
To apply please follow one of the options below:
- Download, complete and return electronic application form from Autism East Midlands website and email it to email@example.com
- Email your CV and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Either way don’t forget to tell us if you are applying under the Disability Confident scheme.
Autism East Midlands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. If you’re a successful applicant you will need an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, we will meet any initial costs.