Autism East Midlands are currently recruiting and are looking for a Positive Behaviour Support Lead for our adult day service in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
- To support the manager and assistant manager to lead the staff team to provide excellent care and support to service users accessing the day service.
- To have a detailed understanding of CALM and Positive Behaviour Support and embed within the service.
- To apply the positive behaviour support philosophy and work from a values-led, person-centred perspective in order to promote skills and strategies for independence.
- To lead the team to improve outcomes for individuals by demonstrating a reduction in restrictive practices across the service.
- To champion positive behaviour support and to develop & share expertise with the service staff team.
- To facilitate person centred reviews with service users, parents, carers and professionals to ensure individuals have their say in how their support is delivered.
- Be able to use alternative communication systems to enable service users to have their voice heard, and to advocate for those who are unable to communicate for themselves.
- To work closely with management and the internal clinical team to create and review support documents.
- To work closely with parents, carers and professionals to ensure open communication about support needs.
- To ensure all required records are completed to a high standard and using AEM agreed proforma, including use of Reveal.
- Where required, to deputise for the assistant manager in their absence.
- To carry out all reasonable admin tasks as requested by management.
To apply in the first instance please send us your CV and cover letter detailing why you want to work with us and what skills you can bring to the job.
Please quote the reference PBSL/TT on any correspondence relating to this vacancy
Interviews are taking place throughout January and February, therefore, you are encouraged to apply early to ensure early consideration for interview.
Please note successful applicants will be subject to An Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check; cost will be met by the employer*
*Successful applicant will be required to signed up to the DBS update service at a yearly cost of £13