Are you looking to advance your support worker career?
Autism East Midlands are currently recruiting and are looking for a Positive Behaviour Support Lead for our adult day service in Nottingham. We provided exceptional service to individuals with autism to provide them with choice and life skills. The successful candidate will get a fully paid induction with specific autism training
- To support the manager and assistant manager to lead the staff team to provide excellent care and support to service users accessing the day service.
- To have a detailed understanding of CALM and Positive Behaviour Support and embed within the service.
- To apply the positive behaviour support philosophy and work from a values-led, person-centred perspective in order to promote skills and strategies for independence.
- To lead the team to improve outcomes for individuals by demonstrating a reduction in restrictive practices across the service.
- To champion positive behaviour support and to develop & share expertise with the service staff team.
- To facilitate person centred reviews with service users, parents, carers and professionals to ensure individuals have their say in how their support is delivered.
- Be able to use alternative communication systems to enable service users to have their voice heard, and to advocate for those who are unable to communicate for themselves.
- To work closely with management and the internal clinical team to create and review support documents.
- To work closely with parents, carers and professionals to ensure open communication about support needs.
- To ensure all required records are completed to a high standard and using AEM agreed proforma, including use of Reveal.
- Where required, to deputise for the assistant manager in their absence.
- To carry out all reasonable admin tasks as requested by management.
Depending on the volume of applications we may close the advert early
Please note successful applicants will be subject to An Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check; cost will be met by the employer*
Interested in the role?
Please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgNo data