We have an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Senior Management Team of a registered Charity with over 400 dispersed staff across our Services. We are looking for an experienced HR professional to lead a small team.
Full Time – 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Salary: £34,207.00 to £41,970.00 /year
Purpose of the Post:
As a HR Manager you will manage the HR Team and lead the provision of a high quality, comprehensive and effective HR service across Autism East Midlands, providing proactive advice and guidance to senior managers, operational managers and staff.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations of the HR function ensuring legislation and safeguarding standards are adhered to.
Responsible for reviewing and updating all policies, procedures and processes whilst ensuring engagement and wellbeing is maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To complete a range of duties in support of HR activity.
- Provide leadership to the HR Team to ensure the departments is proactive to service needs, including the improvement of service by developing and reviewing operating processes and practices.
- Advise managers on the interpretation and application of terms and conditions of employment, policies, current legislation, etc.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all senior managers, operational managers, staff and Trade Union Officials.
- Review and update HR policies, procedures and practices on an ongoing basis to ensure they comply with up to date legislation and best practice.
- Manage employee relations casework including dispute resolution, grievance and disciplinary processes.
- Ensure that the HR team prepare and process payroll documentation which are compliant with audit standards.
- Attend Senior Leadership Team, Management meetings and external meetings representing HR and ensuring outcomes aligns to strategy.
- Be appropriately involved in the selection and appointment of staff within Autism East Midlands and to ensure appointments are made based on skills, experience, aptitude and values that align with our vision and values.
- Monitor absence management systems and drive improvements in current statistics.
- Ensure legislation and safeguarding standards are maintained.
- Work with senior managers to improve engagement and wellbeing across the organisation.
- Management and review of all reward and benefit initiatives.
- To appropriately utilise budgets as required ensuring expenditure and income is within financial plans and budget and ensure compliance with Financial regulations.
- Monitor and review all metrics, reporting on performance and develop action plans for changes where necessary.
- To be amiable, professional and approachable at all times.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
To apply please complete the application form in the links below; a job description is also available below. The completed form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference number: HR Manager 07.2020