Autism East Midlands are looking for a permanent Flexible Day Support Worker to work within our Tall Trees day service for adults with autism in Retford, Nottinghamshire.
Full Time – 37 hours per week, £16,354 per annum
Part time – 18.5 hours per week, £8,177 per annum
Enthusiastic and motivated? Are you caring and dedicated? Are you committed to making a difference to someone’s life?
Applicants will ideally have experience in delivering / supporting life-skills activities. However, applications are welcomed from people who are genuinely interested in setting out in a career which entails working with people with autism/learning disabilities. Applicants are expected to have a caring attitude, sense of responsibility, flexibility and self discipline.
As a support worker your day will look like:
- You will be assigned a key Adult and play a pivotal role in their days they receive support, attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
- Support young people with social and community inclusion
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and Positive behaviour of Autistic Adults Ensuring that their needs beliefs and cultural values are met
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of Positive Behavioural Support Plans, Risk Assessments and Session Plans.
- Supporting a person with personal care and other complex health needs, ensuring that persons dignity and independence is promoted
- Support and encourage educational engagement
Benefits of working for AEM
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Fully paid two week induction training
- Specialised Autism Training, Including Autism in Mental Health, Women and Girls and Ageing.
We offer a rewarding career and an ongoing full and varied training programme.
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer; please note we welcome applications from anyone interested in this or any of our other positions which can be found on our website.
To apply please send your CV or application form (see link below) to: email@example.com or call us on 01909 506678 for more information.
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 25th September 2019 at 12noon.
Autism East Midlands reserve the right to close the advert prior to the closing date once sufficient numbers of applications have been received.
Please note successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check at a cost to the individual.
“Promoting Quality of Life for People with Autism”
Autism East Midlands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Registered Charity Number 517954.