Autism East Midlands are looking for permanent Autism Support Workers to work within our day setting for adults with autism. The positions are available in our services in Mansfield Woodhouse , although there may be times when you are expected to work in other areas of the service.
Full Time (37 hours per week) and Part Time contracts available
Salary – £16,354 per annum (FTE)
Enthusiastic and motivated? Are you caring and dedicated? Are you committed to making a difference to someone’s life?
Applicants will ideally have experience in delivering / supporting life-skills activities. However, applications are welcomed from people who are genuinely interested in setting out in a career which entails working with people with autism/learning disabilities. Applicants are expected to have a caring attitude, sense of responsibility, flexibility and self discipline.
As a support worker your day will look like:
- You will be assigned a key adult and play a pivotal role in their days they receive support, attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
- Support young people with social and community inclusion
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and positive behaviour of autistic adults ensuring that their needs beliefs and cultural values are met
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of Positive Behavioural Support Plans, Risk Assessments and Session Plans.
- Supporting a person with personal care and other complex health needs, ensuring that persons dignity and independence is promoted
- Support and encourage educational engagement
Benefits of working for AEM
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Fully paid two week induction training
- Specialised Autism Training, Including Autism in Mental Health, Women and Girls and Ageing.
- Employee assistance programme
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer; please note we welcome applications from anyone interested in this or any of our other positions which can be found on our website.
To apply please follow one of the options below:
• Download an electronic application form and relevant job description (see links below)
• Request the application details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us on 01909 506678.
Please quote the reference number on your application form: SC.02.2020
Closing date: 23rd January 2020 at noon
Interview date to be confirmed.
CV’S WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS A FORM OF APPLICATION
Please note successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check at a cost to the individual.
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer.
Autism East Midlands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young people
Registered Charity Number 517954.