Are you wanting to expand your role as a support worker and specialise in autism support work?
We have an exciting opportunity for a support worker to join our charity in supporting autistic people to live their lives with dignity, choice, and independence.
We are wanting to take on full time and casual relief flexible workers to work across a range of sites in the Nottinghamshire area, you must able to travel to any site listed below. This is a diverse role where no two days will be the same. We are looking for someone with agility to move from place to place but still deliver exceptional care to our service users. You will need to be a social person that can build positive relationships quickly to support any team you will be working with.
What can you expect from us?
As a support worker your day will look like:
- You will be assigned a key Adult and play a pivotal role in their days they receive support, attending reviews and liaising with external agencies
- Support young people with social and community inclusion
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and positive behaviour of autistic adults ensuring that their needs beliefs and cultural values are met
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of Positive Behavioural Support Plans, Risk Assessments and Session Plans.
- Supporting a person with personal care and other complex health needs, ensuring that persons dignity and independence is promoted
- Support and encourage educational engagement
Areas you will be covering:
Ravenshead (NG15)– Respite and Transforming Care Services.
Fairview & Lynton (NG3) – Residential Services
Beechwood (NG5)- Residential Services
Hamilton (NG5) – Day Services
Benefits of working for AEM
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Fully paid two week induction training specialising in Autism
- Opportunities for further training and development including NVQ
- Care certificate
- Access to employee wellbeing services
- Paid for DBS
Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)/ Casual
Pay: £9.19 per hour
Does this sound like you? Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org