Thank you for your interest in working with us at Autism East Midlands. You can apply through the application form on our website or we will accept your CV so long as you also send us a covering letter telling us why you want to work with us and what skills you will bring to the role. If you don’t attach a covering letter with your CV we may not shortlist you for interview.
Do you want to make a difference, empower lives and support people on their journey to independence?
We are looking for passionate, reliable and self-motivated support workers to join our hard-working team based in Ravenshead.
You must bring enthusiasm, motivation and professionalism to enrich the lives of the people we care for.
Our Ravenshead service consists of 2 single occupancy respite beds and 1 emergency placement bed, meaning you must have the confidence and determination to lone-work and think on your feet.
Key areas of the job role:
- You will identify person centered opportunities for those that you work with, to promote their independence, communication and life skills
- You will work collaboratively with internal and external bodies to ensure we are providing to best care to those you support
- Have excellent organisational skills and be able to complete daily logs, administer medication and update care plans within your daily role
- Provide personal care whilst maintaining a person’s dignity and privacy
- Support other members of the staff team that work across the service, effectively communicating with everyone in a positive way to ensure partnership working
- Embed positive behaviour support across the service
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have or be willing to work towards an NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Strong oral and written skills for report writing
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and complete sleep ins for the service
Autism East Midlands is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from anyone interested in working with people with autism. We are also a Disability Confident Employer. If you meet the person specification criteria and are eligible for the Disability Confident scheme we will guarantee you an interview – just let us know in your covering letter or in your email when you send us your application form.
To apply please follow one of the options below:
- Download, complete and return electronic application form from Autism East Midlands website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email your CV and accompanying cover letter to email@example.com
Either way don’t forget to tell us if you are applying under the Disability Confident scheme.
Application deadline: 04.12.2020
Interview date: to be confirmed
Autism East Midlands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. If you’re a successful applicant you will need an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, we will meet any initial costs.
Reference ID: ASW.RH