Do you want to make a real difference? We are looking for Support Workers who are passionate about their career and who want to develop their skills. Working with Autism East Midlands means you will be providing exceptional support for individuals with autism. No two days are the same. Your job will be key in encouraging independence, boosting service users self-confidence, and keeping them safe.
Who are we?
We are a leading autism charity – we exist to ensure autistic people can live their lives with dignity, choice and independence.
Working with Autism East Midlands means you will be providing exceptional support for individuals with autism. No two days are the same. Your job will be key in encouraging independence, boosting service users self-confidence, and keeping them safe. You will assist individuals based on their individual need, possible elements of personal care, assisting them with daily living skills, helping them in the community and doing the things they love which can range from the cinema, arts and crafts, sports, shopping and much more.
What can you expect from us?
Becoming an Autism Support Worker could be just the start of your career, we have a dedicated career pathway and there are opportunities to progress within the organisation. We offer an extensive training program and can support you in gaining NVQ qualifications.
If you are new to care, its important you demonstrate the right values, and if you are successful at interview your first 12 weeks with us you will be undertaking your care certificate qualification to enable you develop your knowledge and skills working in health and social care.
What are we looking for?
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You’ll embody our values; you’ll be kind, dedicated and have a passion for people.
- You’ll bring passion and enthusiasm to the role
- You’ll be keen to develop and work towards an NVQ in Health & Social Care
- You’ll be comfortable with IT and have experience using emails
If you’ve previously worked in health and social care and have knowledge of CQC requirements this will be really beneficial. If this sounds like you, we would love you to get in touch!
In return we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days)
- Extensive induction with autism specialist training
- Fully paid for Care Certificate, which is essential for those wanting to pursue a career in health and social care
- Paid job related qualifications during employment
- Generous occupational sick pay
- Free initial DBS Check
- Employer pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Flexible working
- Excellent career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to counselling
- Access to legal and financial support
- Paid maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave