Do you want to make a significant impact on someone life? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
If that sounds like you, we are looking for a Service Manager to take the lead in our brand-new service in Nottinghamshire (Sparken Hill, Worksop).
The service consists of six newly refurbished self-contained apartments, designed to promote independence through a person-centred focus giving the individuals an environment where they can thrive.
Three apartments are aimed towards those individuals looking for a little time away from their home to relax, supported by our Autism Practitioners to learn new skills in a safe environment. (Traditionally known as respite).
There is also a focus for the other three apartments to deliver support to individuals who might otherwise be admitted to hospital, encouraging them to maintain their independence or return to good health. (Called ‘unplanned’ care).
In this role you will have strategic and operational management responsibility for the development and delivery of the service.This is an opportunity to make a real difference for our service users.
At AEM we want our service managers to support in achieving our mission in offering individuals with autism to have maximum choice and control in their lives, progress service users towards their goals and develop their independence.
You will play a critical role in developing an extended range of services which are aspirational for our service users; tailored to individual needs, which includes stretch targets and enables their progress towards independence.
Within your service you will have responsibility for the physical and financial infrastructure which enables the planning and delivery of a responsive service which meets individual, family and Commissioner requirements within statutory and regulatory frameworks.
As a member of the Operational Management Group, you will report to a member of the Senior Management Team. You will work collaboratively with Colleagues to support the operational management of Adult Services. A requirement of this role is that you participate in the Adult Service Manager on call rota.
You will have proven experience of:
- Managing a core and peripheral workforce redeploying staff and resources as required.
• Working with internal and external partner organisations, commissioners and stakeholders In support of the development of services
• Managing within an infrastructure of complex audit requirements to satisfy commissioners
• Working within existing systems to enable individualised personal behaviour support plans ensuring regular assessment and review
• Undertake data collection, audit and analysis in support of the development and audit of services to meet the requirements of internal and external regulatory and or quality assurance processes.
This post requires registration with CQC (Registered Manager)
We provide a comprehensive induction training specialising in Autism. We also offer continued professional development with additional autism specialist courses delivered by our in-house L&D and Clinical team.
In return we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days)
- Paid job related qualifications during employment
- Generous occupational sick pay
- Free initial DBS Check
- Employer pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Flexible working
- Excellent career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to counselling
- Access to legal and financial support
- Paid maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave