Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? Join us as a Senior Autism Practitioner and support people within our residential service to carry out the activities they enjoy and enable them to develop independent living skills.
This is a role where you'll support autistic people in our residential service, enabling them to take part in a variety of activities whilst promoting independent living skills.
You will find this a rewarding job, which promises variety as no two days are ever the same.
You will be positively supporting people by providing holistic support including personal care, medication administration, integration into the local community and to manage their anxieties, which they may communicate through distressing behaviour.
Full training will be given but if you have experience as a Senior Support Worker, Senior Care Assistant, or have worked in the NHS, health or social care this position would be well suited to you too.
This position is part time hours working over 7 days
We are looking for candidates who hold an NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent and we'd like to hear about your values and how you would put them into practice.
In return, we offer:
• Occupational sick pay
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days)
• Extensive induction with autism specialist training
• Fully paid for Care Certificate, which is essential for those wanting to pursue a career in health and social care
• Paid job related qualifications during employment
• Free initial DBS Check
• Employer pension scheme
• Friendly and supportive work environment
• Refer a friend scheme worth £500
• Access to the Blue Light Card
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Paid maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave
If you’d like to join our team, then please get in touch. We would love to hear from you!
Please note we do not offer sponsorship.
How to apply
To apply for any of our roles, please fill in the fields opposite and upload your CV.
Job you are applying for: Senior Support Worker - Derbyshire