Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives and lead and influence practice in positive behaviour support?
We’re recruiting for a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Lead to lead the PBS team in implementing effective positive behaviour support across the East Midlands.
At AEM we make a difference to people’s lives. In this role you will support the PBS team to implement PBS and reduce restrictive practices across the organisation including both adults and children's services. This will include:
- Ensuring that PBS is consistently and effectively embedded across the organisation
- Supporting staff to feel empowered in their knowledge of PBS
- Promoting an organisational culture of kindness and compassion
We are looking for someone with a strong PBS background who has the passion and the drive to make a real difference to people’s quality of life through the implementation of PBS.
Day to day you’ll be working with the PBS teams to support teams in our services to develop proactive strategies and better ways of working when managing behaviours that challenge.
You’ll find this is a rewarding job, which promises variety as no two days are ever the same.
You will be an individual 100% committed to improving opportunities, outcomes and the quality of life for the individuals we support.
You will have motivation and drive to identify and overcome obstacles.
With ability to engage in reflective practice in order to change your approach when required.
You will also have the ability to advocate for the best interests of the people we support including challenging in a constructive and professional manner.
You will need to have a:
- BSc Hons degree in an associated or related field.
- Level 5 Diploma in practice leadership or PBS.
- Full UK driving license with an expectation to travel to our services across the East Midlands and Northampton.
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days)
- Extensive induction with autism specialist training
- Fully paid for Care Certificate, which is essential for those wanting to pursue a career in health and social care
- Paid job related qualifications during employment
- Occupational sick pay
- Free initial DBS Check
- Employer pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Excellent career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to the Blue Light Card
- Access to counselling
- Access to legal and financial support
- Paid maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave
If you’d like to find out more before deciding whether to apply please contact Katie Weightman, Deputy Director at email@example.com or Milly Murray, Assistant Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please press the apply button below.
Alternatively, you can email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for any of our roles, please fill in the fields opposite and upload your CV.
Job you are applying for: Positive Behaviour Support Lead