Location: Nottingham (with travel across the East Midlands, supporting adult services or our School)
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives and influence practice in positive behaviour support?
About the role:
We’re recruiting for a Positive Behaviour Practitioner to support our services and school implementing effective positive behaviour support at Autism East Midlands
In this role you will be supporting our teams in services to implement effective positive behaviour support whilst looking to reduce restrictive practices across the organisation including both adults and children’s services. This will include:
- Ensuring that positive behaviour support is consistently and effectively embedded across the organisation
- Supporting staff to feel empowered in their knowledge of positive behaviour support
- Promoting an organisational culture of kindness and compassion.
We are looking for someone with experience in a health and social care or special educational needs setting who is passionate about making a real difference to people’s quality of life through the implementation of positive behaviour support.
Day to day you’ll be working directly with our teams in services/school to develop proactive strategies and better ways of working when managing behaviours that challenge.
You’ll find this is a rewarding job, which promises variety as no two days are ever the same.
You will have a positive and proactive attitude with understanding of and empathy for the people we support.
You will be an individual 100% committed to improving opportunities, outcomes and the quality of life for the individuals we support.
You will be a positive role model and example of good positive behaviour support, empowering and motivating others.
You will need to have a:
- Level 5 Diploma in practice leadership or PBS
- PBS Coaching Qualification (part qualified will be considered)
- Full UK driving license with an expectation to travel to our services across the East Midlands and Northampton
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 days)
- Extensive induction with autism specialist training
- Fully paid for Care Certificate, which is essential for those wanting to pursue a career in health and social care
- Paid job related qualifications during employment
- Occupational sick pay
- Free initial DBS Check
- Employer pension scheme
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Excellent career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Access to the Blue Light Card
- Access to counselling
- Access to legal and financial support
- Paid maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave
If you’d like to join our team, then please get in touch. We would love to hear from you!
If you’d like to find out more before deciding whether to apply please contact Katie Weightman, Deputy Director at email@example.com or Milly Murray, Assistant Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please press the apply button.
Alternatively, you can email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for any of our roles, please fill in the fields opposite and upload your CV.
Job you are applying for: Positive Behaviour Practitioner