As autism specialists, we understand that every autistic person is unique. For that reason, we use person-centered principles to promote each person’s well-being, respecting their needs and dignity.
AEM has the benefit of an internal Clinical Team, which includes an experienced Consultant Clinical Psychologist and a highly specialist Speech and Language Therapist, who supervise two Assistant Psychologists and a Therapies Assistant in all aspects of their work.
The Clinical Team works closely with our Service Managers and their respective teams of Autism Practitioners, to provide high quality, evidence based clinical support to the autistic people who use our services.
Assessment and support with behaviours of concern, communication needs, and emotional and psychological well being are all key parts of our role. We also work in collaboration with external professionals, including clinicians who work in the NHS, to ensure that our service users’ needs are appropriately met.
Adult focused journey
The Clinical Team works collaboratively across our residential, supported living, day and respite care services. Together we offer our service users the chance to maximise their opportunities to lead full and fulfilling lives within services that are autism-specific and tailored to meet individual needs.
We also offer a flexible consultancy and support service to all our Adult Services, which is rooted in robust, evidence-based practice. In addition, we actively work alongside operational managers, staff and our service users to influence the services provided.
The Clinical Team support includes:
- Providing training - including induction and on a needs-led or whole service basis.
- Regular multi-disciplinary team meetings - discussing the holistic provision within a service, as well as actively promoting good autism practice.
- Supporting staff and services as they develop and implement effective behaviour and communication support strategies.
- Direct and indirect interventions around specific needs or challenges for our services or service users.
- Time-focused or outcome driven project work such as service user voice initiative.
We provide training and support across all services in:
- understanding autism and intellectual disabilities
- understanding and supporting communication for autistic individuals
- intensive interaction
- positive behaviour support
- augmented and alternative communication, including signing, use of symbols and the use of technology to support communication
- understanding and meeting sensory needs.
To find out more about the Clinical Team, please email email@example.com