We’re looking for Volunteers to join the Enterprise for Autism project.
This is a project designed to support adults with autism to develop vocational and independence skills. To enable them to progress to work experience placements and to equip individuals with the skills and experience to secure employment in the future.
Location: Autism East Midlands Enterprise Hub Worksop and Sherwood Centre Mansfield Woodhouse.
This voluntary role would be an ideal experience for anyone interested in a future career working with people who have autism and to make a real difference to peoples lives. Ideally you would be required to be based one day a week at one of our above mentioned sites for the project. This will be agreed between the volunteer and the Enterprise for Autism team.
What will you be doing?
- Promoting the project and network effectively
- Sourcing new contacts for the development of the project
- Following Autism East Midlands Policy & Procedures
- Working directly with service users and supporting them to achieve their goals and find work opportunities.
- Accessing relevant in house training identified for the project.
What Skills will you need?
- A friendly, approachable, and reliable individual who is willing to give support to service users accessing Autism East Midlands
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in developing enterprise projects
What support will I receive?
Support from the Autism East Midlands, Enterprise for Autism team, to agree your volunteering responsibilities and support you to complete them. You will receive ongoing training and support from your contact within the Enterprise department, and will work together to plan the development of the Enterprise for Autism project. You will receive a full introduction and training for your role and be given an ID badge to be worn whilst representing Autism East Midlands. Money can be reimbursed for travel and out of pocket expenses.
To apply: please complete and return the volunteer enrolment form (see link below) and return it to email@example.com
This voluntary position will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service application and to the receipt of two satisfactory references.