World Autism Awareness Week
World Autism Awareness Week – 27 March to 2 April 2017
Join us! Show your support and raise autism awareness by taking a selfie. Here are a few members of our team to show you how…
To show your support:
1) Download and print one of our Autism Awareness posters. Click on the image below to download the PDF.
2) If you’d like to share why you are supporting us to raise autism awareness, then please add a comment in the box. Examples could be: ‘I’m a parent’, ‘I’m an employer’ or ‘I’m autistic’
3) Take a selfie holding your poster
4) Upload your selfie to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and tag us using @AutismEastMids #AutismEastMids plus add the World Autism Awareness hashtag #WAAW2017. An example post could say:
I’m supporting @AutismEastMids to raise autism awareness #WAAW2017 #AutismEastMids www.autismeastmidlands.org.uk/support-us/autism-awareness-week/
5) Share your post with friends & followers to encourage them to join in, too.
Remember to upload your selfies next week, during World Autism Awareness Week (Mon 27 March – Sunday 2 April) to help raise autism awareness
World Autism Awareness Week aims to increase awareness about people, especially children, with autism. The period often features prominent buildings illuminated blue, conferences, awareness sessions as well as exhibitions showcasing work created by children with autism.
UN World Autism Awareness Day is April 2nd and Autism Awareness Month continues through April.
In the lead up to this event and for the month of April, it is a great opportunity for us to come and give talks to your school assemblies, student forums and lifestyle groups such as inner Wheel, W.I and Rotarians, to raise awareness of this lifelong condition. We can also support you in a business setting or as an individual to raise awareness within your own community.
In return you can organise a ‘Blue Day’ at work or at school: blue clothes, blue cakes, blue lights in rooms or light up the outside of your building in blue lights and blue bunting for the week! Make sure you tell us and “Whatever You Do You Do It BLUE”.
Sponsorship for these events will help to make a difference to those with autism in the East Midlands. Download our pack for more information below, and have fun.